Monday, July 22, 2013

Feeling Better!

I'm way better, it turned out I ate a sick mouse, so I'll be fine if I'm careful about the mice I eat from now on.

So, on to my cousins Ed and Andrew!

First of all, I want to state that they're only a few months old, so I kind of forgive and forget almost anything stupid that they do (at least at this age). So, Ed and Andrew were dropped off in one of those mobile cat homes that is way too small for us, but our giants buy anyway. Once the door was unlocked, they zoomed through the living room, and smashed right into the closed door. I heard them, I didn't see it, as I (along with my brothers) was on the other side. We were howling through the door in greeting, causing the giants to squeal something about hoping the kittens don't get hurt. I can't see why they just don't realize that we want to play with the other cats, and we show it by screeching. How else are we supposed to say "hello" when you shut us out of the room?

So, once we stopped chatting through the door, they finally let my brothers and I into the living room, and we greeted our little cousins in typical kitty fashion. Ed jumped up, and grabbed Scar's ear in his jaws, while Andrew latched onto Carlyle's tail. The giants were yelping and taking the kittens away--again, I have no idea why! We were playing, that is all. But, a moment later, they put them down again, and we got to chatting.

It seems that Andrew and Ed have gotten themselves some little kitten girlfriends--although they're their sisters, and they're pretending to be married with children (their children being multicolored catnip mice). Ed told me that they got the idea from me and Beauty-Spot, and I suppose I was flattered, or maybe creeped out because of the sister thing.

We spent hours and hours playing, chasing toy mice, catching each others' tails, stealing Neighbor-Doggy's food, that kind of thing. But then, in typical kitten fashion, they messed it all up.

Ed and Andrew were climbing around on the mantle, where our fish tank resides. I wasn't watching them--just for a moment, I swear--and Ed dared his more adventurous brother to jump over the tank, and onto the bookcase (which he wouldn't have gotten to even if he had succeeded in jumping over the fish tank). Andrew--never to refuse a dare--sprinted across the mantle, and jumped, a bit to early. He landed directly in the fish tank, and sunk. He flapped his little arms like a bird, and came gasping to the surface. Andrew--no cat would pass up this opportunity--grabbed a few of the gold fish in his claws, jumped out of the tank, and swallowed all of them before Ed could get to him.

My cousins everybody!

~Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment