Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Am Not Proud...

Okay, okay, so I got caught in a tree today, no big deal. It's not bad, I know it's not a bad thing, but it is a little shameful, I suppose. If you're really interested, here's the story:

I was sitting out on the sunny balcony with my girlfriend, Beauty-Spot. She had climbed all the way up that huge oak in the front lawn just to see me today. As sweet as I knew that was of her, I felt like less of a tom. I mean, I'm two years old, and I've never gone more than five feet up a tree before! And Beauty-Spot had done it so easily, too, and if she could do it I could. Hopping onto the railing, I called to her;

"Beautiful, watch this!"

And I took a flying leap from the railing to the high branches of the oak tree... And of course it bent. I yelped, springing to the nearest branch... which bent. Climbing higher and higher, the branches were only growing weaker and weaker. Now, by this point Beauty-Spot (of course) was laughing hysterically, and (of course!) this drew the attention of my horrible littermates, Scar and Carlyle. They scampered through the open doors, and jumped onto the railing, hissing with laughter at their poor brother! They clambered into the tree with me, and leapt from branch to branch (don't ask me how they got so good!), and Scar, imitating his namesake, grabbed my paws. Laughing, he cried "long live the cat!", and threw me down!

Okay now, you should know that cat's don't always land on their feet... Sometimes they land on their face. But don't worry, I'm okay, and so is my pride, because I got back on my feet, licked my paw, and rubbed it on my head. For all you kittens out there, if you lick your paw and rub your head, other cats will know that you're dignified.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment